MQTT Sparkplug B¶
The foglamp-south-mqtt-sparkplug plugin implements the Sparkplug B payload format with an MQTT (Message Queue Telemetry Transport) transport. The plugin will subscribe to a configured topic and will process the Sparkplug B payloads, creating FogLAMP assets form those payloads. Sparkplug is an open source software specification of a payload format and set of conventions for transporting sensor data using MQTT as the transport mechanism.
Sparkplug is bi-directional, however this plugin will only read data from the Sparkplug device.
To create a south service with the MQTT Sparkplug B plugin
- Click on South in the left hand menu bar
- Select mqtt_sparkplug from the plugin list
- Name your service and click Next
- Configure the plugin
- Asset Name: The asset name which will be used for all data read.
- MQTT Host: The MQTT host to connect to, this is the host that is running the MQTT broker.
- MQTT Port: The MQTT port, this is the port the MQTT broker uses for unencrypted traffic, usually 1883 unless modified.
- Username: The user name to be used when authenticating with the MQTT subsystem.
- Password: The password to use when authenticating with the MQTT subsystem.
- Topic: The MQTT topic to which the plugin will subscribe.
- Click Next
- Enable the service and click on Done